Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 14 April 2013

My first attempt of colouring in with ProMarkers

I love this Stamp from Whimsy Stamps. This was my first visit to the land of promarkers and I really hadn't any idea how to shade or anything. When I coloured in, usually, I couldn't stay in the lines. I had watched one of the guest stamped the image onto bleedproof card using a black dye based ink. I started on the fairy's hair. I used lemon and  primrose. I used the lines of the stamped image to colour every other segment using the darkest yellow, lemon. I then coloured the remaining segments using the lighter yellow, primrose. I then went over all of the hair with primrose.

I then moved onto the wings. I decided to use the really pale colours, to give the impression of the wings being sheer. I used, from my small FlexMarker collection, pale lavender and pale blossom.
 Now it was time to tackle the dreaded skin. Even now I really don't like colouring in skin, but I muddle through. I'm not too sure on the colours I used, that 's what you get for trying to blog about a card you made months ago. I think I used soft peach and pale pink from the skin accents set of ProMarkers,
   For her dress, shoes and corsage in her hair I used Arctic blue and Sky blue. I wend over the creases of the dress in the darker blue, which was Sky blue, to try and give the dress some shading, I cut the image out, using a X Cut scalloped square dies, it was the second largest and matted it onto some spotted backing paper, which I cut using the X Cut dies again, this time the largest die in the set. I wet glued it to the white 6x6 scalloped white card. Near the spine I tied some red and white twin around the card. From my stash I used a white foiled die cut greeting. To tie the greeting in, I coloured it, using Tim Holtz, Barn Door distress ink and attached it to the card using 3D foam pads.

That's was my ProMarker/FlexMarker, Whimsy Stamps fairy card.

Ian x




9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I love this cute fairy. The pale colours on her wings do show up really well against the deeper shade of her dress.

Hugs
Linda xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is so cute Ian, well done on getting your blog up & running... i'm following x

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

I am absolutely hopeless at colouring with pro-markers!! Or may be its because I don't have the patience:-/

This looks fabulous Ian and well done on the Blog. You could do with a Home button :) But its looking great!
Love
Michelle x

Andree said...

This is fantastic Ian. I love this stamp and your colouring is wonderful x

Unknown said...

Wonderful Card Ian and lovely colouring xx

jane stillman said...

A lovely card Ian, your'e colouring is brilliant x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Ian

Mandy Ashley said...

Fab card, Ian :-) And, you've coloured your image in fantastically! :)

lady jasmine crafts said...

Ah the scrap page is gorjuss and such a sweet dog. xxx