Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Easel Does it

Good Afternoon Blogland. This post is about my first Altered Art project. I really enjoyed making it so here goes.

The easel started it's life as a plain wooden easel that I purchased from That Craft Place Facebook group. I got it to display my creations, but I thought I would try altering it.

I first painted it with a coat of white Gesso, again from That Craft Place and put aside to dry. When it was dry I painted an acrylic wash in green and while it was still wet went over it with an acrylic wash in balck and left to dry. I then used Cosmic Shimmer metallic Gilding wax, the colour was golden light, to add some bling to the edges of the easel. I then used a stamp from IndigoBlu's Itsy Bitsy Background set and black dye based ink to add a bit of texture, I really should've used a stazon or an archival, but it dried eventually. Now comes the decorating. My friend and fellow member of Sarah Hurleys DT, Claire Newcombe, sent me some card candy and a few die cut bits, for being her 100th follower of her blog. To check out Claire's crafty creations Click Here. I made up the die cut flowers and and arranged them on my easel so I could see how it would look, when I was happy I glued them down. There we have it my first Altered Art project. I hope you all enjoy it.

Ian xx

I have entered my easel into the Crafting musketeers challenge #1 anything goes.

7 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This looks wonderful Ian. Looking forward to seeing some more of your altered art.

Hugs
Linda xx

jane stillman said...

A great altered art project, well done x

Unknown said...

A lovely altered piece Ian . Love all the flowers so creative xx

Fran said...

Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Crafting Musketeers , Fran (DT) xxx

Gwyneth said...

Very pretty.

Andree said...

A fabulous altered easel Ian x

Unknown said...

fabulous work Ian altered art is definitely your thing.x